To manually remove a device from the Finder:
- Log in to Finder with administrative rights.
- Type the name of the device in the Search field.
- Right-click the device in the results of the search and select Drill-down.
- Right-click the device listed and select Edit... (or type Ctrl+Alt+E). The Edit device dialog shows up.
- Select the option remove from the list Storage at the bottom of the dialog.
- Click Apply. The device is marked for removal.
The Finder still displays the device until it is removed from the Engine database the next day, during the nightly cleanup. You must uninstall the Collector from the device to be removed. Failing to do so results in the Engine recreating the removed device as soon as the Collector sends data from it.
Automatic removal of inactive devices
If a device is inactive for more than 90 days, the Engine purges its data and frees one license count automatically.