Creating a score
Creating a score
Scores are described in the form of XML files. Currently, there is no graphical tool integrated into the product to create new scores. Instead, use your favorite text editor or specialized XML editor to define a new score and import it into the solution.
Contact Nexthink Customer Success Services to help you build your own scores or fine-tune the available scores to suit your needs. Check the library for the latest published packs that include scores.
A score definition holds the detailed description of either one composite score or one leaf score in a single XML file. Note however that a composite score usually comprises several subscores. Therefore, in practice, XML files that hold the definition of a composite score contain in fact the definition of all the subscores on which the main composite score depends.
To create a new score:
- Open your favorite text editor or specialized XML editor.
- Write the definition of the score in an XML file, according to the XML schema of scores.
- Open the Finder as a user with the right to edit scores (the profile of the user must allow system configuration).
- Select the Scores section on the left-hand side panel of the main window.
- Right-click the header of the Scores section or the empty area below it.
- Select Import > Scores from file... from the menu.
- In the dialog, choose the XML file that holds the definition of your score.
- Click Open to import the score.
Limit on the number of scores
There are two limiting factors that put a constraint in the maximum number of scores that can be defined:
- Storage: 150 scores in total (either composite or leaf scores, including subscores in the count).
- Computation power: 50 leaf scores of the Computation input type. Be careful if you use complex NXQL queries with except, union, or intersect in leaf scores, since they might sensibly increase the computation power needed.
If you need to go over these limits, contact Nexthink Customer Success Services for an evaluation of your setup and a configuration customization.
If you need help or assistance, please contact your Nexthink Certified Partner.