The purpose of the Nexthink Event Connector is to transform Nexthink data into meaningful events to be populated in a third-party application like ServiceNow, Splunk, or Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2.
- Punctual: this is a one-time event (like for example an Outlook crash).
- Listing: this type of event is intended to list any type of object (devices, connections, events…). Its main purpose is reporting/inventory– it is the most common event used in Splunk.
- Listing advanced: very similar to the Listing event but intended to list events. Several updates for the given event – More processing is required
- Long-lasting (Splunk only): this is a durable event, one that lasts through a given period of time. The connector will report a “start” event and subsequent updates (for example, a situation in which a device is experimenting a high memory consumption). Having multiple updates for a given event may slow down the performance.
Errors directly impacting device’s hardware or OS that requires quick IT attention Often critical, preventing the user from working properly.
- System Crash (BSOD, Blue Screen of the Death)
- Hard Reset
- SMART disk failure
- Long Log-on times
- Device Boot
Application and productivity tools errors that crash or are not responsive. Create significant employee frustrations. Can be critical.
- Freeze applications, like Office 365 not responsive
- Crashes, like an Outlook crash
- Long Lasting Executions
Warnings about the state of the device and activities that can lead to future issues. Early symptoms of issues that will soon impact employee like:
- High CPU Usage
- High Memory usage
- High IO Usage
- High number of page faults
Real-time monitoring of all (or selected) applications running on the computers
- Software installation
- Software uninstallation
Real-time monitoring of connections like:
- Failed Connections like Teams not connecting
- Established Connections
- Failed Web Request like Web-browser not loading
- Established Web Requests
- Port scan
Installation and configuration
For the installation and configuration of the Nexthink Event Connector refer to this page.