A device is an object that represents any personal computer or computerized system from which Nexthink can extract information to produce end-user analytics.
Nexthink classifies devices into four types:
- A conventional or virtualized personal computer running a client version of either Windows or Mac operating systems.
- A portable personal computer running a client version of either Windows or Mac operating systems.
- A computer that provides functionality (e.g. email, web, or directory services) to client computers (desktops and laptops) and runs a version of the Windows Server operating system.
- A phone or tablet equipped with Exchange ActiveSync.
The licensing model of Nexthink is based on the number of devices of the different types in your setup. For licensing purposes, desktops and laptops are both considered endpoints; that is, regular devices that support the installation of the Collector.
Thus, when licensing your product, provide the number of:
- Endpoints (desktops plus laptops)
- Mobile devices