Structure of the score
Structure of the score
The content of this document is for versions 188.8.131.52 or later of the DEX Score library pack.
High-level view of the DEX score V2 structure
The description of the structure of the score explained in this document is based on the default out-of-the-box Scoredefs provided in the library pack.
The Digital Experience Score is composed of 4 sub-scores as depicted in this Figure.
These scores are computed for every device and also at the company level (aggregation of all devices’ scores).
The Digital Experience Score rates the ability of the employees to get things done by interacting with the IT environment in a safe and positive manner:
- Device Score: The ability of the employee to start and use Windows and the device without interruption (device reliability) and with good response times (device performance).
- Business apps score: The ability of the employee to start and use the business applications (other than the productivity & Collaboration applications) smoothly and with good response times.
- Productivity & collaboration score: the ability of the employees to start and use productivity suite applications smoothly and with good response times
- Employee Satisfaction score: it rates the feelings and perceptions of the employees when interacting with the IT environment (workplace, processes, people).
The Device and Productivity & Collaboration sub-scores are computed considering both hard metrics and the employee sentiment collected via Nexthink Engage. The Business apps score, instead, is based exclusively on hard metrics and the Employee Satisfaction score is only based on user sentiment.
The Digital Experience Score is thus available in the Nexthink Library for both Windows and macOS in two versions:
- one that leverage user sentiment data, and for which a valid Engage license is required
- and a second that uses exclusively hard data
Remark As of now (May 2020), the score V184.108.40.206+ is available for Windows devices only. GA release for these versions is planned for the end of Q2. Versions (With and without Engage) for macOS are planned to be released during Q3 2020 (V220.127.116.11 is available though).
Detailed view of the score struture
The sub-score structures (leaf scores & weights) presented in this document are the ones provided out-of-the-box. This is subject to change if the customer customizes the DEX Score.
Business apps sub-score
Productivity & Collaboration sub-score