Receiving Engage campaigns
Receiving Engage campaigns
As soon as a campaign is published, the set of end users that constitute the target audience starts receiving the campaign on all their devices that run the Collector.
As a first step, campaigns optionally display a desktop notification that, in addition to inform end users about both the subject matter and the sender of the campaign, lets them decide whether to participate in the campaign or not. Alternatively, for short, urgent, or important campaigns that users should not decline, configure campaigns to skip the notification step and directly jump into the first question.
The Windows Collector includes a tray application that displays campaigns with a unified look-and-feel across all types of Windows devices. In particular, campaign notifications look similar to standard Windows 10 notifications in all supported versions of Windows. Brand your campaigns for Windows users with your own corporate logo and colors.
For its part, the Mac Collector displays campaigns notifications through the standard macOS notification mechanism. By default, users receive alert type notifications, so the notification stays on the screen until the user clicks either the button to answer the campaign or to postpone it.
Conditions to receive campaigns
For a user to receive a campaign, the following conditions must be met:
- The device is turned on.
- The user is logged in to the device.
- The Collector is running on the device and has an active TCP connection with the Engine.
Campaign delivery is retried every 15 minutes on each device that does not fulfil the conditions.
In addition, the Collector does not display the campaign in the following cases:
- The device is running an application in full-screen mode, as displaying the campaign might annoy the user.
- The user has not been active for the last 15 seconds. The campaign might go unnoticed if the user is absent.
Accepting or rejecting to participate
If the campaign includes a notification When receiving a notification from a campaign, the end user sees:
- The sender of the campaign, including an optional picture.
- The title of the campaign.
- A text inviting to take the campaign (the configured footer).
- A couple of buttons to decide whether to answers the questions of the campaign. The user has two choices:
- Click Show to take the survey of the campaign immediately.
- Click Not now to skip the participation on the campaign.
If the user clicks the Not now button to skip the campaign, another dialog pops up with the question When would you like to be reminded?. The user is presented with two choices:
- Click Never not to receive any other notification regarding this campaign ever again in the current device. This choice is remembered as long as the campaign is active. The user gets notified again in the same device only if the campaign is retired and then republished.
- Click Later to answer the questions of the campaign at some point in the future. The value in the configuration setting of the campaign Reminder frequency determines the time when the user will receive again a notification for participating in the campaign.
Note that the participation of a user in a campaign is local to each device that the user utilizes. For instance, if a user declines to participate in a campaign from one particular device, the user may still receive notifications about the same campaign in other devices.